Monty Roberts built his famous Thoroughbred farm here in 1966 and 56 years later he has now transformed the farm into a year round gathering place for some of the most talented horse persons on earth. Roberts and other leading experts have been coming together annually at an event called The Movement to demonstrate & share their latest discoveries.
The Movement is inspired by the love for horses, the ambition to impact their lives as positively as they impact ours and the belief that together we can drive positive change.
Perks of attending The Movement:
- You will get to hear from many exciting speakers such as Monty Roberts himself, Jamie Jennings, Dr. Wendy Ying, and others!
- You will get to participate in numerous fun activities such as gentling wild horses, learning groundwork and trailer loading, and riding a Mountain Trail course.
- You will learn from holistic health and hoof consults about bodywork for your horse and for yourself
- You will get to hear barn and business advice and other industry knowledge from top experts
- You will get to attend a private Templeton Thompson concert
- You will have the chance to attend private sessions on Sunday June 19 for those who want hands-on learning from the presenters
- You will have the chance to bring your own horse or practice with one of Monty’s Transition horses from the Monty Roberts Mustang & Transition Horse program that are being trained on Flag Is Up Farms and available for adoption.
- Beautiful photos, available upon request.
- And much, much more!
There is something for the horse and the horse person that is unique to any other event!
Presenters and Guests:
- Monty Roberts – Equine behavior expert & Join-Up Founder. Monty started listening to horses in 1942 and has won 11 World Championships across disciplines. He achieves all results with his non-violent training methods and has dedicated his life to teaching and evolving these methods. The Equine Industry Vision Award (EIVA) has now tapped Roberts as a finalist who exemplifies outstanding visionary achievement and sustained contributions that have made a profound impact on the equine industry. Monty is in the top four finalists for the Equine Industry Vision Award, “recognizing ingenuity and service as well as the benefit to the equine industry by inspiring these qualities in others”. “For over 80 years, he has advocated for and demonstrated the many qualities of our equine partners and athletes.” Monty first gained widespread fame with the release of his New York Times Best Selling book, The Man Who Listens To Horses; a chronicle of his life and development of his non-violent horse training methods called Join-Up®. Monty grew up on a working horse farm as a firsthand witness to traditional, often violent methods of horse training and breaking the spirit with an abusive hand. Rejecting that, he went on to win nine world’s championships in the show ring. Today, Monty’s goal is to share his message that “Violence is never the answer.” Roberts has been encouraged by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II with the award of the Membership in The Royal Victorian Order, as well as becoming Patron of Join-Up International. Other honors received were the ASPCA “Founders” award and the MSPCA George T. Angell Humanitarian Award and FEI’s Man of the Year. Monty was recently included as Horse and Hound Magazine’s Top 50 Horsemen of All Time. Monty is credited with launching the first of its kind Equus Online University; an interactive online lesson site that is the definitive learning tool for violence-free training.
- Jamie Jennings – Winner of the 2021 The Right Horse Initiative’s Good People for Good Horses Trainer Award & Certified Instructor. Jamie also competes in 3 Day Eventing. Her favorite thing is transitioning horses off the racetrack to their second careers and gentling mustangs.
- Dr. Wendy Ying – DVM & Masters degree in Chinese Veterinary Medicine. Wendy has a great interest in sports medicine, pain management, neurology and rehabilitation. She also has a lifetime of horse experience and holds USEF national championship titles in both combined and pleasure driving.
- Mark Bolender – The nation’s leading horse expert in Mountain Trail. He is a three-time National Champion in the exhilarating sport of Mountain Trail, that combines the thrill of natural obstacles found on wilderness trails with top-notch horsemanship skills. His wife Lee and Sir Rugged Chex, known as Checkers, will also be attending with him.
- Helena Harris – Managing Director of Stall and Stable & Co-founder of the Horse Radio Network. Helena brings over 25 years of horse experience and business expertise to the equestrian community and provides consulting services for equestrian professionals and private farm owners.
- Ada Gates – The first and only woman journeyman farrier of Thoroughbred horses in the nation. She inspects the shoes of every horse taking part in the Rose Parade.
As an equestrian media outlet focused entirely on American horse sport, EQuine AMerica showcases the USA’s equestrian talent (both two-legged and four) in the disciplines of para dressage, dressage, hunters, jumpers, and eventing. We support and promote our nation’s fantastic equine events, products, services, artists, authors, science/tech, philanthropy, and nonprofits through our online magazine and social media platforms. Our mission is to offer you interesting/inspiring short and long-form content in a format that’s beautiful, readable, and relatable.